Friday, March 6, 2009

Gillian Chung











HONG KONG (AFP) — A Hong Kong pop star contemplated suicide after explicit photos of her with another famous singer were plastered on the Internet last year, a report said Friday.
Gillian Chung, half of Canto-pop duo Twins, said she was devastated when photos of her with actor Edison Chen appeared on the Web, the South China Morning Post reported.
Chung said the idea of killing herself was only fleeting, the newspaper said.
If I died, all my problems will be passed on to the people around me, the people who care about me," she said in a television interview due to be screened on Saturday, according to the Post.
Chung was one of several starlets pictured in compromising positions with Chen, who has told a court the images were posted on the Web after his computer was stolen.
Chung said she lost all her dignity when the photos were released.
"There's no privacy any more," she was quoted as saying.
"I showed everything to everyone, and no matter what I do I'll get the blame. But dignity is the most important."

Images from Chung's tearful interview were plastered across the front pages of Friday's newspapers in celebrity-obsessed but conservative Hong Kong, where the photos caused a storm when they appeared in February last year.
Chung and Chen are hugely popular across Asia, though Chen, one of the region's biggest film and music stars, saw his career destroyed by the scandal.

He was forced into early retirement and fled to Canada, his childhood home.

Chung was the second victim of the scandal to break her silence over the photos, after actress Cecilia Cheung lashed out at Chen last week for not apologising.

"I blame myself for doing such a foolish thing," said Chung, who has kept a low profile over the past year but is hoping to make a comeback in a high-profile ad campaign next week, the report said.

A computer technician in Hong Kong has been charged with illegally posting the photos online.


My Comment: I don't think she was wrong as this is a private matter. I will support her entertainment performance again if her performance is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment